Having completed my personal review, it’s time to evaluate what I want to accomplish in 2021. I have 365 days to get it done, time’s ticking by and I need to make the best use of it.
1. Get fit: I know this is a standard resolution that everyone makes, and most fail. I also made this one many years and failed it, all I can say is that it’s still on my goal list and I expect this year will be better .
2. Buy a house or property: I want to buy myself a building to live at. It must be close to work, in a safe area, have a driveway or garage and preferably a yard for gardening. I am tired of renting, living with other people and want to be on my own. I have a downpayment saved already, now it’s a simple matter of finding a place suitable and affordable.
3. Pay off my car note: When I bought my car last year, I set out to pay it off entirely in one year. I had no idea that I would be house hunting or budgeting for other things. Now that those tasks are nearing completion, I want to eliminate my car note. If I can do this before I buy a home, it would improve my debt to income ratios and increase the home loan I can afford. The interest rate is excellent, the payments are low, but I would rather be debt free (debt reduced) and have more flexibility in my life.
4. Finish college: Ok so this is not likely to be done in 2021, but I want to be very close graduation by years’ end. I estimate that by next December I’ll have one or two courses left and preparing for graduation and possible graduate school.
5. Miscellaneous: I am sure that something will come up that I want to do in 2021 as a resolution but I can’t imagine what it could be. So I am leaving this spot for a future plan.